Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh no I've been *gasp* Tagged!

Thanks a lot Ruby!! These things make me feel queasy. I like reading other people's but to fill out my own, oy, it's like pulling teeth. But just for you :)



Rules:

A. Post the rules

B. Answer all the questions about yourself

C. After you are done posting, tag 5 people



1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

~Almost exactly 10 years ago on April 20th, 1998 my cousin, who also happened to be my best friend's boyfriend, died in a car crash on his way to Phoenix. She was devastated as were we all and it is interesting to me now to see how we all dealt with a tragedy like that for the first time in our lives.

When someone young is taken unexpected like that it tends to shake up even the most stoic of people and it did shake up our little town. I think what affected people even more was the parallel between his and his father's death when he was just a little boy. His father was killed in a car crash on May 10th, 1983, almost exactly 15 years earlier. What also had people talking was what seemed to be odd behavior from Chad weeks before he died that led people to think that maybe he knew he wouldn't be around for much longer. He started giving away his things, things he enjoyed most like his cd's and clothes. He left a note for Melanie, my best friend, saying goodbye and that he loved her. And he always said that he was going to die young. In his bag that he packed to take for the trip there was only socks and a few other odd things in there, not at all like he had packed for a couple days trip. Oh and he had his dad's ID on him, definitely some strange stuff.

He wasn't the driver, he was a passenger in a little truck that went off the shoulder and flipped a couple of times. His funeral was one of the biggest that I've ever been to. It was difficult wading through those emotions while trying to be there for my best friend who felt like her life was over as well. We were only 15/16 years old and you know how angst ridden those years are anyway. Melanie moved away after that school year and we kept in touch but not as well as we should have. I still consider her a best friend. It's funny how you can talk to someone maybe once, twice a year and it feels like nothing has changed between you. I need to call her...



2. Five things on your to do list today.

~Climb and conquer that mountain of laundry, both dirty and clean (I hate folding and putting away).

~Figure out what to feed the black holes that my kids have turned into, it appears we are in the midst of another growth spurt. All I've heard today is "Mommy I'm hungry" a million times and often they are saying it 2 minutes after being served a 5 course meal.

~Hang up the picture frames and cute little chalkboard thingy I got from Ikea yesterday. I love Ikea!!

~Finish this dang post.

~Clean out the crabitat. Crabs do poop dontcha know. They poop in their shells and then after it builds up a bit they scoop it out in one place and it looks like little black worms. Gross!!



3. 5 snacks you enjoy.

Only five?!? Let's see...

~Nutter Butter cookies and milk.
~Cinnamon toast, but only made by me.
~Quesadilla and salsa.
~Cheetos Hot Fries
~Chicken In A Biscuit crackers

Man, no wonder I'm a heifer, lol.



4. What would you do if you suddenly became a millionaire?

~Well first thing probably pay tithing on that million, can you imagine that tithing check? Wowza!!
~Pay off house and debt.
~Help our parents get out of debt.
~Get a good food storage for us and all of our family.
~Take a good vacation!!



5. 3 bad habits:

~I don't like putting lotion on so my feet are horribly dry and cracked and then I pick at them, gross I know.

~Picking at my lips.

~Putting the milk jug back in the fridge with like a teaspoon of milk left so someone else has to throw it away which is so stupid because no one else really drinks milk in my house except for the kids and I'm the one pouring their milk so it is still me who throws it away. (HOLY RUN ON SENTENCE BATMAN!!) I'm only prolonging the inevitable, you'd think I'd learn. It must be a habit leftover from living at home with two sisters who drank as much milk as I did, lol.



6. 5 places I've lived:

~Ramah, NM
~Roswell, NM (Hey, no alien jokes. They're watching us...waiting...with their anal probes :-0 )
~Thatcher, AZ
~Mesa, AZ
~Gilbert, AZ



7. 5 jobs I've had:

~Rural Route Mail Carrier for USPS

~Sonic carhop. Yes, I roller bladed. No, I never biffed it although I did one time get a rock stuck in between the wheels which made me lurch forward and the ice cream sundae that I was taking out to a car went flying right onto the hood of the car I was taking it to. I still got a good tip because they were laughing pretty hard and said I was good entertainment, ha!

~Lowest runt on the totem pole at this weird spa/massage/piercing/tanning/smoothie/women's only exercise shop. It really was a weird job and my boss was seriously psycho with a capitol P who I also suspect was secretly lesbian (even though married) or a swinger or some weird crap like that. Yeah, not the greatest job but definitely interesting.

~Habilitation/Respite provider for children and adults with developmental disabilities.

~Supervisor at center for children and adults with developmental disabilities.



8. 5 things people don't know about me:

~Every night before I go to bed I have to play Solitaire on my cell phone until I win or else I can't fall asleep. Obsessive compulsive, I know.

~I have a certain order and place for how I load my dishwasher and it drives me nuts when someone doesn't do it my way. I won't say anything out loud but know that I'm cursing you in my head.

~My ultimate dream job would be to be a doctor in a hospital, preferably NICU. I may someday go to nursing school and become a NICU nurse because although I would love to be a doctor, I wouldn't love all the years of schooling and the long crazy hours and I think nursing would be a good second. I love my family and my time with them more than I would love being a doctor.

~I don't like my ears, hated them when I was younger but have come to peace with them now. When I was younger I would day dream about having the surgery to have them pinned back. I really hope my kids don't inherit my ears but if they do I hope they don't have the issues that I had with mine. I played basketball from elementary school through my senior year and I never wore my hair in a pony tail until my junior year because I was so self conscious about them. I guess I thought trying to play with hair in my face was better than exposing my ears. I look back now and realize how silly that was.

~Remember I said I lived in Roswell...well, they aren't little and they aren't green! Ha, ha, just joking but I can't think of another so this'll have to do.

Okay, now that that's over with, I tag Whitney, Sonnet, Kate, Nurse Heidi, and Donna!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Seriously? Okay, seriously I don't watch that show so I seriously don't know what you're talking about, but I do think my hubby and Patrick Dempsey have the same hair. So at least I know that's who you're talking about. One point for Kate.

Next, totally grossed out about the crabs.

Plus, I used to do a similar thing with the pool game on my cell phone. I had to nip that one in the bud because it was becoming a crazy obsession.

Also, I totally have the same dishwasher issues. NOBODY knows how to load it right. And I live with my husband AND my mom. It's an uphill battle man.

Last, one of my clients had her ears pinned years ago and she has all these issues with them now. They are super sensitive, and when she tucks her hair behind them it doesn't even really stay there. Don't do it is what I'm sayin. Embrace your ears.

I'm sorry this comment is ridiculously long. Word vomit.

Beth said...

The dishwasher thing cracked me up! As I am typing this, Travis is loading my dishwasher. If I wasn't over here, I would be going batty watching him put things in weird spots. But, he is helping, right? Although he didn't unload what was in there first. Ah the joys....

I love your blog. You make me laugh and give me hope that I can get through this twin thing somewhat intact! Thanks for that!

Sonnet Boulton said...

ok, ok, I will do it today! :) Sonnet

Carrie said...

Wow.
#1. I totally get why you hate being tagged. Thanks for doing it. :)
#2. Holy cow about your cousin. I've never been that close to someone who's died, and I can't imagine how hard that was. Wierd coincidences too.
#3. I hate putting lotion on my feet too.
#4. I find medicine absolutely FASCINATING, and I'd also love to be an RN. I'm thinking about taking the plunge one day. I'm just not sure I could actually do it. I don't do well in school.
#5. I think you're cool.

Katie said...

I am the same way with the dishwasher. I always redo what Chris has loaded so it's perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails