Friday, June 27, 2008

Minty Fresh

I know it's been forever since I last posted and I've got no excuse. So, I guess just get over it already, lol.



Anyway, we've been busy having a horribly hot summer which means we're basically stuck inside all day since it's too hot outside for the kids to play. Oh and not to mention it's Attack of the Gazillion Ants in our backyard and yes we've sprayed for bugs, didn't work. So because of our voluntary confinement inside our wonderful air conditioned, ant free bubble, I'm sure you can all imagine how stir crazy it gets and how little sanity I'm left with at the end of the day. So really y'all (going Britney again for a moment) are lucky I'm even coherent enough to even use the computer right now. I guess I'll just share a few stories from the past few weeks that have given me a chuckle.



We are still in the midst of potty-training. It isn't going too bad, some days are better than others, I'm sure you can imagine. The other day I finally got Lexi to poop on the toilet by promising to give her a sucker if she did, so she did and she got her sucker and we were both happy. Well, CJ saw it and wanted one too but I told him what he had to do to get one. Bless his little heart he sat on the toilet for almost an hour trying to poop, or at least making it seem like he was trying. I kept asking him if he was done and if he wanted to get down and he kept telling me "No, I want sucker." He was determined I tell ya. At one point he was grunting and pushing and then he stopped and said "Mommy, I can't, it stuck." Which had me giggling. Long story short, he never pooped but did pee a few times on the toilet. Did I give him a sucker? NO!! I'm a mean mommy I guess but suckers are for poop and jellybeans are for pee so he did get a few jellybeans. Broke my heart though to deny him that sucker. I really did want to give it to him but you've got to stand your ground right? Wow, funny how much I can post about pee and poop.



Moving on...So Carlos did the shopping last week and picked up some more shower wash since we were almost out. He picked up Dove Refresh liquid body wash which we haven't tried before.

Great, I love Dove. I usually get the one in the green bottle that is I think cucumber melon but this'll do. So I hop in the shower and took the new bottle with me since we were now officially out of body wash. I squirt some of the body wash on my loofah and start washing my body, being very thorough if you catch my drift. Oh and one thing that may be important to know is that our shower is possessed and likes to randomly spew out lava temperature water every couple of minutes.



Well, I finish soaping up and just as I'm about to rinse off the lava water comes forth out of the faucet. I hurry and turn the shower head away from my body so as to not get burned when I start noticing a rather peculiar feeling down in my girly region. It is like this tingling burning sensation. You know like what it feels like when you put Ben-Gay on sore muscles, only maybe a titch milder. I grab the bottle to see what exactly is in this soap and it says "clean scent of waterlily and fresh mint." MINT!! So that's why my down under is on fire!! And to to make it worse I can't rinse the soap off because the water is still the temperature of the sun's surface. The water finally returns to normal temp. and I rinse off. By then the rest of my body is all tingly and slightly burning. Wow, must be powerful stuff and my girly bits just must be more sensitive than the rest of my skin. Oh and I just went on their website and this is what the description says: "Leaves your skin with a gentle tingly, refreshing feel." Gentle my butt.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yikes! Thanks for the heads up about that "Minty Fresh" fire crotch wash. I'll be sure not to pick that up at the store. I use the cucumber stuff too. It's nice and mild.

Sounds like potty training is going pretty well. Bribery works wonders doesn't it?

Ugh. I'm sooooo dreading the AZ summers. There's nothing definite, but as it looks right now, we'll be moving to the Phoenix area this summer. Not sure where we'll settle, but anywhere in that area is going to be hotter than Hades!

Brits said...

I want some of that stuff. And no, I'm not kidding.

Jeanne said...

Holy cow woman...you crack me up!!!!

Anonymous said...

Upon your review of Dove's new body wash, I will pass on trying it!!

Beth said...

LOL...you crack me up!

Kate said...

Ha! Careful with the tender vittles!

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

I love reading your blog you always have me laughing! I will have to remeber that about the fresh mint! YIKES!!!

Katie said...

Stace, oh my gosh you had me rolling from laughing SO hard! If it weren't Sunday right now I would be totally at the store buying some to play a trick on Chris. TOO FUNNY!

Stacey said...

Lol Katie, you are evil...But I like it!!!

Katie said...

oh and I think you meant "gentle your front bum"

Sonnet Boulton said...

soooo funny! never a dull moment. :)

Kate said...

More blog please.

Nurse Heidi said...

I was drinking some water as I read through this post and quite nearly choked when I got to the last paragraph. I got quite a laugh at your expense ; )! Hope the girly parts are feeling, uh, less tingly....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails