Sunday, June 15, 2008

To the Best Daddy in the World Part 2


Okay, okay, I know that in the last post I said that my dad was the best dad in the world but I hope he'll be okay with sharing that title with Carlos. Babe, this post is for you. I know you'll probably be annoyed that I'm posting about you because I know you don't like this kind of attention but you'll just have to deal with it. I wanted to thank you for being such a great dad to our kids. And for also being the best husband I could ever want. I truly don't deserve you. Okay, some days I come pretty close but overall you spoil me way too much. Not that I'm saying you can stop, because that wouldn't be good. So don't stop, m'kay? I'll just have to do better at deserving it ;)


The kids and I love you so much. I love the way they wait for you to come home from work and then rush you at the door before you can even get it closed.


I love how Lexi is such a daddy's girl.


I love the way you can be so gentle with them sometimes and then play and rough house with them the next moment.


I love how you can be so much more patient with them than me at times. Usually the times when I am at my limit.


I'm grateful that you are a worthy priesthood holder and that you can give my children the blessings they need. I'm grateful for the example you are to me and the children, how you try to improve every single day. I'm thankful that you are a good example to CJ of how to be a good man.


I love how you can be silly with me and the kids.


I'm grateful that you provide for us so well and take care of things around the house, things that I could never do.


I love how you kiss and play with Elli in the morning before work. I really think she looks forward to that time as much as you do.


These are just some of the many things I love and cherish about you as the father to my children but if I were to list them all my fingers would start to bleed from all the typing. You are a great father and I'm thankful everyday that I get to navigate these wonderful, scary parenting waters with you at the helm next to me. Thank you babe and Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails